The majority of students pursues a Master Degree to find a job

Docsity, a social network and educational website for students and professionals related to the academic field,  has published the survey “Better to work or keep studying after graduation?”, to understand why students decide to pursue a Master’s degree and according to which characteristics they choose it.

The panel of respondents was composed by 1504 international students.

What is the primary reason for students to choose a Master? 26% responded “to find a qualified job”, while another 26% “looks for a more practical approach”. 24% of the interviewed would do it to “deepen their knowledge of a specific subject”, 11% to “keep studying” and the remaining 8% would not be interested in choosing this path.

62% of the students would consider fundamental to have a post-degree education, evaluating the importance of this decision between 7 and 10 on a scale from 1 to 10. The remaining 38% would rank the importance of such choice from 6/10 down.

The value of a Master could also be measured by its price, as 46% of the students would pay between €10,000 and 20,000 , 31% between €5,000 and €9,999, and 12% from €1,000 to 4,999 . 11% would even pay over 20,000  for a postgraduate degree.

In order to finance the tuition fees, 36% would ask for help to their parents, 31% would apply for a scholarship while the remaining respondents would pay it with their personal savings (29%) or ask for a student loan (3%).

The most important key factors evaluated by students when choosing their Business School is definitely the placement services and networking events organized with companies (63%), while the academic subjects treated are determinant only for 21% of respondents. For the others, the crucial factor is the Business School reputation (10%) or the price of tuition (6%).

This result underlines that the majority of the students choose their Master’s programme as a real investment in their future, in order to find the job of their dreams once completed.

 

Related posts:

News |

Leave a comment

Email will not be published

*

*

*

You can use these tags and attributes HTMl: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

*